Looking for a part-time gig? We are now accepting applications!
Studio Assistant- Job description & main duties
Sweeping and mopping floors
Greeting and teaching customers
Cleaning and dusting shelves
Educating about painting pottery
Being kind to customers
Looking for a fun self motivated employee who can stay busy on slow days and multitask on our hopping days! This could be anywhere from 5-12 hours a week. Availability must be during the week and weekends. Must be at least 18 years or older.
MUST BE WILLING TO WORK WEEK DAYS FROM 10am-8pm
Best way to explain the job: We are like waitresses but with paint!
* Must have a fun upbeat, friendly personality and be self motivated
* Must be flexible for scheduling during the week and weekends in the mornings and afternoons.
* Must be willing to take direction and complete task list if needed
* Must be able to be on your feet 4 to 7 hours at a time.
*Must be a team player and work well with others
*Must be willing to follow all restrictions and regulations of Covid
*Must be self motivated
This job will cause you to be on your feet often. You may also be required to lift up to 20 lbs boxes and gallons of glaze.
"Would you be a good fit?" questionnaire:
1. Do you know how to keep busy?
2. Are you quirky and like to talk to others?
3. Do you speak clearly and loudly for others?
4. Are you willing to clean?
5. Do you have reliable transportation?
6. Are you willing to come in if we need "busy day backup"?
7. Are you friendly?
8. Do you handle hyper children and redirecting kindly?
9. Are you willing to work with a fun sarcastic group of coworkers that turn into friends?
10. Are you reliable and and pick up when people need to switch or need extra help?
Did you notice there wasn't a lot of reference to art work and experience with art? Can you guess why?
Working at Hot Fired Arts is more than just painting and being creative! It's about building relationships and making a space for people to laugh, relax, and make memories with loved ones on top of getting their art on! If you want to work at the studio because you want to paint a lot or you think it would be fun, we just want to let you know there's a weeee bit more to it.
Of course we welcome artsy people like us! Let us know what art experience you have but its okay if you don't have much... don't worry, we'll teach you so you can teach others!!
We strongly encourage you to come INTO the studio to complete an application.